It was Cadillac's 90th Anniversary and also a year of "musical chairs" for the names of the automaker's products.
- The previously offered Brougham sedan was now called the Fleetwood, with the Brougham moniker reserved for an upscale option package available on the Fleetwood sedan.
- The former Fleetwood series, comprised of a coupe and sedan, was discontinued.
- The previously available Fleetwood Sixty Special was now simply called the Sixty Special.
- The Allante convertible was greatly revamped (launched early in spring 1992), but it was the final year for the luxury two-seater.
- Eldorado added a Sport Coupe package and Sport Appearance Package to dress-up the personal luxury coupe.
- The Northstar powertrain, with "limp-home" capability (after loss of oil engine coolant) also debuted in 1993.
1993 Cadillac Notes
1993 Automotive Notes
- John F. Smith, Jr. was president of GM
- John G. Smale was chairman of the board at GM
- Top model year production for 1993
LITERATURE & LINKS