Are you interested in a tint job for your vehicle’s windows? Have you always considered tinting your windows, but never pulled the trigger on them? If so, then you need to learn all that you can about tinting car windows before you shop around.
Doing so can help you make an educated decision on the window film, where you get your window tint installed, and the benefits that it can offer you. The more knowledge you have, the more confidence you’ll have when paying for them to be installed.
See below for several things that you need to know before you get your windows tinted for the first time.
1. The Installer Matters
Contrary to popular belief, window tinting isn’t something that most auto experts have experience in. Too many people make the mistake of investing in car window tinting from their auto shop, and not a legitimate window tinting service.
The difference is that a window tinting service has years of experience. They can use their expertise and know-how to install your windows the correct way within only a few hours. You will be back on the road in no time.
Whenever you shop around for someone to tint your windows, be sure to start your search by Googling “car windows tinting near me“. When you find a reputable service, be sure to ask them these questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- What all does your window tinting installation include?
- What brands of window film do you offer? What’s the best fit for my car?
- What grade of window tint do you recommend for my needs?
- What are the benefits of window tinting?
- Do you offer a warranty on your services?
- Can you offer me a quote on the service that I’m looking for?
Asking these questions will help you gauge the service that you’re speaking to. You can compare the answers you receive and select the best installation service.
2. Understand the Benefits of Tinted Windows
Perhaps the most common misconception about tinted car windows is that people believe it to only be an aesthetical preference. Car window tint offers so many more benefits than exterior looks, although that is certainly a benefit.
Here are a few of the biggest benefits of tinting your car windows:
- Safety from a Break-In: Unfortunately, car break-ins happen far too frequently. When a car burglar decides to break into your car, they’ll try to open the door first. If it’s locked, they’ll quickly resort to smashing your windows. The tinted window film acts as a protective layer. While it will crack, it won’t shatter. Thus protecting your belongings inside.
- Climate Control Inside the Car: We’ve all been there… You go to open your car on a hot summer day, sit down in your seat, and burn your legs on the interior. Even if you avoid that, the temperature inside can cause you to break out in a sweat. Tinted car windows protect your car from harmful UV rays, controlling the climate inside.
- Saves Your Car Energy: Did you know that your car’s AC can harm your vehicle’s gas mileage? The more it runs, the fewer miles your car’s gas can cover. Tinted windows control the climate in your car, causing less need to blast the AC in the hot summer months.
3. Always Look for a Warranty
Warranties are an important piece to the puzzle. In fact, you should always make sure to have a warranty from both the manufacturer of the window film you purchase, as well as one from the service that installs the film.
Doing so can help ensure you have protection no matter what malfunctions you endure. Be sure to ask for details on the warranty as well.
How long does the warranty last? What all does it cover? How can you go about redeeming the warranty if it’s needed? How quickly can they provide service on a warranty?
4. Find High-Quality Window Film Brands
As mentioned in this article a few times already, you want to make sure you aren’t just focusing on the installation service, but the window film they sell to install.
Investing in a high-quality window film brand can help you get the maximum return on your investment. You want to look for window film from manufacturers such as LLumar, Lexen, Motoshield, and True Line.
If the professional window tinting service you’re talking to doesn’t offer these brands, then inquire about the brands they do sell. What are the benefits of them? Why does their company swear by them?
5. Know Your State’s Limits
Whether you knew it or not, there are limits to how dark your window tinting film can be. The amount of legal tint depends on the state in which you reside.
For example, the state of Georgia allows for up to 32-percent for both your front and backside windows. That means that your windows have to let in at least 32-percent of light through their tinting film.
Meanwhile, in states such as Florida, you’re only allowed to have 28-percent on your front side windows, and only 15-percent through your backside windows. Know the law before you shop!
Use These Factors When Tinting Car Windows on Your Vehicle
Now that you have seen several factors that you should consider whenever tinting car windows on your vehicle, be sure to use them effectively!
Take the time to shop around and find both high-quality window films, as well as a high-quality service, to install them for you.
Be sure to browse our website for more articles on window tinting your vehicle, as well as many other helpful topics that you’ll enjoy.