The Gen II 5.7-liter V-8 that powered the Fleetwood sedan and its upscale optional Brougham package model was upgraded for 1995.
- In addition to the aforementioned PG260 starter that all Cadillacs received, the rear-drive Fleetwood's V-8 now also featured Quiet Cam.
- This revised camshaft design, in conjunction with new sound and vibration reducing composite rocker arm covers, decreased engine mechanical noise and eliminated valve noise on the outside of the car.
- Again, the 4L60-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission saw service with the Gen II V-8.
- For 1995, the 4L60-E featured a 298mm torque converter clutch assembly that had a higher torque capacity, which enhanced the unit's durability.
- Formerly optional equipment that was made standard included remote keyless entry, central door unlocking and automatic door locks and electrochromic inside rearview mirror with new map lights.
- Other new standard features included ASR5 traction control; larger, foldaway, patch-mounted outside rearview mirrors; quiet door latch system; ignition key anti-lockout feature; revised instrument panel top pad; "SIR Airbag" embossed label for passenger side; and two new exterior color choices: Fawn Gray and Calypso Green.
- The Brougham sedan added a programmable garage door opener and an upgraded electronic lumbar system for seat adjustments.
- Also on the Brougham, the optional V4R security package was restructured to include the theft deterrent system and auto lock/unlock fuel filler door.
- For 1995, Fleetwood also received increased capacity of the Electronic Control Unit that provided more convenient traction control on/off capability.
- A toggle switch in the glovebox allowed the traction control to be switched off and on without restarting the engine.
- As in previous years, the Fleetwood could also be ordered as the V4U Coachbuilder Limousine Package, B9Q Funeral Coach Package, or RIP Heavy-Duty Sedan Package with heavy-duty components required for continuous commercial service
||90-degree, overhead valve V-8
||Cast iron block and cylinder heads
||350 cu . in. (5.7 liters)
|Bore & Stroke
||4.00 x 3.48 in.
||260 @ 5000 rpm
||335 lb.-ft. @ 2400 rpm
||Sequential port fuel injection
||Roller hydraulic valve lifters
||4L60-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic (includes torque converter clutch).
||Power-assisted recirculating ball, speed sensitive, variable assist.
||Independent with short/long arms, coil springs, direct acting shock absorbers and stabilizer bar.
||Four link, coil springs w/automatic level control, direct acting shock absorbers and stabilizer bar.
||Power assisted front disc/rear drum w/Bosch anti-lock braking system
||Separate body on frame.
LITERATURE & LINKS