Shadow 1100 (VT1100C3) Aero
1998 VT1100C3'98 Shadow Aero
- Available color schemes: Black; Somerset Orange with Pearl Antique White; Pearl Sonoma Green with Pearl Antique White; Black with Pearl Twilight Silver; or Black with Pearl Sedona Red
- This was the first Honda to have floorboards as standard equipment.
- The engine was rubber mounted.
- The speedometer was within the headlight case.
- The serial number began 1HFSC390*WA000001.
2001 VT1100C3'01 Shadow Aero
2001 VT1100C3 AERO 1100
- Engine Type: Liquid cooled, 45° V-twin, dual offset pin crank
- Displacement: 1099cc
- Bore and Stoke: 87.5mm x 91.4mm
- Compression Ratio: 8:1
- Valve Train: SOHC, 3 valve per cylinder, self-adjusting hydraulic
- Carburetion: Twin 36mm, diaphragm-type CV
- Transmission: Wide-Ratio, 5-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork, 150mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with 5-way spring preload adjustment, 95mm travel
- Front Tire: 140/80H-17
- Rear Tire: 170/80H-15
- Front Brakes: Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single 276mm disc with single piston caliper
- Seat Height: 725mm (28.5")
- Wheelbase: 1680mm (66.1")
- Dry Weight: 279 kg (615 lb)
- Fuel Capacity: 15.8 liters
- Color: Silver/White, Black/Red, Black
Honda Vt1100 Series 1995-2004 (Clymer Motorcycle Repair) (Clymer Motorcycle Repair)
Honda VT1100 Series 1995-2007 (Clymer Motorcycle Repair) by James Grooms