No longer using the Fleetwood name. the Sixty Special's refinements were in line with those of the DeVille series.
- Already employing speed sensitive suspension and traction control as standard fare, the Sixty Special added speed sensitive steering to the list.
- Front end styling was revised with a "bolder" appearing grille.
- Inside front seating was a 45/55 design for the driver and two front passengers.
- The new styled seats featured French stitching and included front dual comfort, six-way power seat adjusters, manual recliners, adjustable headrest, and seatback pockets.
- An Ultra Seating Package was optional, and included a split frame design that allowed for adjustment of the lower seat cushion independently of the seatback.
- A trunk convenience net was a new standard item on the Sixty Special.
The net mounted transversely across the trunk compartment to secure items from rolling or sliding.
- Pass-Key II anti-theft system was also a standard feature.
|The 1993 Cadillac had a 17-symbol vehicle identification number (VIN) stamped on a metal tag attached to the upper left surface of the cowl visible through the windshield. The digits of the code were as follows:
|First digit = "1" = manufacturing country (United States)
|Second = "G" = General Motors
|Third = "6" = Cadillac
|Fourth & fifth = car line/series: C/B = Sixty Special
|Sixth = the body style: 5 = four-door sedan
|Seventh = the restraint code:
- 1 = active (manual) belts
- 2 = active (manual) belts w/dual airbags
- 3 = active (manual) belts w/driver's side airbag
- 4 = passive (automatic) belts
- 5 = passive (automatic) belts w/driver's side airbag
|Eighth = the engine: "B" = L26 4.9L V-8
|Ninth = check digit
|10th = model year, "P" for 1993
|11th = the assembly plant
|The remaining six digits identify the production sequence number
||125,963 (Both the deVille and Sixty Special totals are included in this figure)
||90-degree, overhead valve V-8
||Aluminum block with cast iron cylinder liners
||cast iron cylinder heads
||300 cu . in. (4.9 liters)
|Bore & Stroke
||3.62 x 3.62 in.
||200 @ 4100 rpm
||275 lb.-ft. @ 3000 rpm
||Roller hydraulic valve lifters
||Sequential port fuel injection
||AT60E electronically controlled four-speed automatic with overdrive (includes viscous converter clutch)
||Power-assisted rack-and-pinion. speed sensitive
||independent MacPherson strut with coil springs, strut-type shock absorbers
||Fully independent with coil springs, automatic level control and speed sensitive suspension
||Power assisted front disc/rear drum w/Teves anti-lock braking system
||integral body frame
- Cadillac's model year production totaled 225,830 compared with 233,027 the year previous.
- Based on sales of 204,159 automobiles in 1993 (vs. 214,176 the year before), Cadillac's share of the U.S. market was 2.40 percent compared with 2.61 the year previous.
LITERATURE & LINKS