In this third year of production, Cadillac fielded five
Some people become confused by thinking that Model E, F, K, M, S, and T are distinct
models. They are just one model with different body styles. The E, K, and S are
runabouts; the F, M, and T are all other body styles.
Click to supersize
- After the merger with Leland and Faulconer,
- C. A. Black was the president of Cadillac
- A. E. F. White was vice-president
- Lemuel C. Bowen was Secreetary
- William H. Murphy was treasurer
- Wilfred Leland was assistant treasurer
- Henry M. Leland was general manager
- William E. Metzger was the sales manager
- Frank Johnson was chief engineer until 1914
- There were 156 units of Model D produced and 3556 units of the other models
- After designing the one cylinder and Model D Cadillacs, Alanson Brush left
Leland & Faulconer/Cadillac and extracted a lump sum and royalty payments
for use of his patents. This action triggered a plan to purge Cadillac design of
- Cadillac Automobile Co. and Leland & Faulconer merged in Oct., 1905 to form
Cadillac Motor Car Co., Henry Leland became General Manager of the new company.
- Maximum production capability one car every ten minutes of each ten hour
- Serial numbers were not used on any of these models. Engine numbers were
stamped two places on crankcase.
- Top, right edge of cylinder flange, near water outlet.
- Right, front face, just below top cover.
- (Blank spaces on patent plate are for additional patent dates, not engine number.)
LITERATURE & LINKS